Feedback Strategies

Article # 1 How to Craft Constructive Feedback (Link to Article)

Giving feedback can be very challenging, not to mention you have to think critically about what you want to say. I read this article and it was a bit confusing. I thought this would be a good article based on the title, but I was not impressed. In my opinion, I think that you have to pair a negative situation with a positive one. Although I have not had too many one-on-one situations where I have had to give someone feedback I think it is easier to do when the person has had a set of standards given beforehand that you can use to craft what you want to say. After all, feedback is key to growing as a person. 

Article #2 Specific Feedback Helps Them Grow (Link to Article)
 
I really liked this article, the author had some really good tips. They were more geared to students but still applies to multiple situations. I think one of the more important tips she said is that feedback is goal-oriented. Meaning that once the feedback is given the person giving the feedback can suggest other things the individual can do. For an example, if you have been doing something well at work maybe your boss can suggest you teach others how you have been doing it or you use your skills to do something bigger. Another tip I really liked was that feedback should not be so confusing or vague that the individual cannot use the feedback to improve what they were doing wrong. Overall, I really liked this article and I have enjoyed learning more about feedback. 

                                                 Office Feedback Meme

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Me... Alanna Curry!!

Week 7 Story